Market Sizing for Travel Website
A rapidly-growing online travel marketplace sought to quantify the opportunity for online travel booking in the US and key EMEA markets. The client needed to understand the process and tools that travelers use to make online booking decisions, identify key issues and barriers, and target growth segments.
We leveraged varying approaches to holistically assess opportunity.
- PRIMARY & SECONDARY research to define and size the international market opportunity
- SEGMENTATION PERSONAS based on clustering of vacation types and planning behaviors
- MAXDIFF ANALYSIS to derive importance of booking characteristics
- QUADRANT (SWOT) ANALYSIS of competitive performance by feature importance
- Market-sizing estimates demonstrated market opportunity to investors, ultimately resulting in additional investment rounds and an IPO
- Insights into feature importance drove a successful national advertising campaign to solidify competitive advantages
- Segmentation provided a clear strategic direction for opportunity segments with strong affinity but diverging motivations