Illuminas is seeking a highly motivated, inquisitive and creative market researcher with 6-7 years of experience executing quantitative and qualitative market research projects. As a Research Manager for Illuminas, you’ll collaborate with both senior and junior staff members to design and execute large-scale projects for clients in a variety of industries (most notably technology, media and online). The ideal candidate will have experience managing all phases of research projects, and will thrive on orchestrating the successful execution of complicated projects for Fortune 1000 companies. Our clients come to us with their toughest business issues, so we’re seeking someone who likes to be challenged and enjoys solving complex problems.
In addition to having a solid understanding of market research skills and methodologies, the Research Manager must be familiar with and tuned into the fine details of each phase of a project. This includes developing detailed project timelines, writing questionnaires and discussion guides, checking online survey programs, facilitating data collection and monitoring sample quotas, coordinating with vendors, conducting in-depth interviews, developing tab and analysis plans, checking data tables, reviewing advanced analysis outputs, developing report templates, analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, and writing interpretive analysis summaries.
- Manage all phases of custom market research studies, both qualitative and quantitative, as outlined above.
- Develop project timelines, and ensure all project milestones and deliverables are met. Provide regular updates on project timeline and next steps to team.
- Manage team of internal resources, mentoring and training junior staff members and ensuring each team member is meeting internal milestones.
- Formulate executive-level analysis, telling the “story” of each research project and crafting a compelling summary that utilizes visuals/infographics where possible.
- Act as the primary, day-to-day client contact.
- Lead all project-related meetings, including client meetings, internal brainstorms and vendor meetings.
Illuminas is an award-winning global research consultancy that delivers strategic marketing intelligence across B2B and consumer markets worldwide. This position is located at our US headquarters in sunny Austin, TX, where our clients are primarily industry leaders in technology, media and online. In addition to competitive compensation and profit sharing, our employees enjoy numerous additional benefits:
- 401(k) with company match
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous vacation and parental leave policies
- Monthly happy hours, team lunches, office breakfasts (read: lots of breakfast tacos) and birthday celebrations
- Company sponsored sports teams
- Quarterly offsite parties and company sponsored events
- Break room fully stocked with snacks and drinks
- Fun, modern, laid-back Austin office
This position is located in our Austin, Texas office. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter, detailing your capabilities and the reasons you believe you are the ideal candidate for the job, to [email protected]. Relocation assistance is available for qualified applicants.
Illuminas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.